Posts Tagged ‘cats’
Getting the train, to Grandma’s!
B-) ! B-) B-) ! B-) ! B-) ! B-) ! B-) ! B-) ! B-) ! B-) ! B-) ! B-) ! B-) ! B-) ! B-) ! B-) ! B-) ! B-) ! B-)
Grandma lives in York (unlike London), and it’s a real trek up there. That’s why I get the train instead! But it’s a bit weird for me.… PETERBOROUGH STATION!!!!… Just an adjustment being in a train looking out, when you’re so used to be outside looking in, and then making the relevant notes and checks in your train book.
Still, it’s both cool and fun at Grandma’s (Grandma Bernie’s). We’ll probably just do stuff together, and then watch the neighbours for a while. Grandma isn’t one of those nutso old ladies spying on their neighbours through a telescope. Hers broke years ago and she never replaced it as it bashed her in the glasses. Also there was an episode when she used it by accident on her cat and really freaked out that the cat had suddenly grown so much. She had a mini cat-fear fit which was enough to put GB (Grandma Bernie) off telescopes and telescoping cats for life. Now she observes her neighbours just by twitching and peeking out behind her net curtains….. GRANDTHAM!!!! ….Grandma lives in a cul-de-sace (a Yorkshire Cul-de-Sac), filled with mature people over the age of 50, but under the age of 118, so it’s a nice atmosphere and there’s plenty of shocking things to observe.
I guess you could say: “I’m sure looking forward to my trips to Grandma’s!”
Haven’t seen much on my journey so far though. Bit of an east coast trains disappointment. It’s sunny though, so I can see shafts of the bright stuff drench the English fields in warm golden light, while the diamond clear air dazzles brilliantly and the trees seem to smile up into the oceanic sky. But I prefer towns. Fortunately, the old North is mainly city-scape (think Manchester and Newcastle if you don’t believe me), so I might see some grey architecture and shops and that soon.
Meanwhile, ……DARLINGTON!!!!……a mid-morning snack to look forward to (grapes and eggs) and late morning nap! Wanna look all fresh in the mind and face for when grandma picks me up in her scooter and side car
Great news from my cool doctor!! Thought this would be an appropriate place to talk about it…
Apparently, one of the reasons why I’ve been suffering so much (in so many different ways I can’t tell you) is that I’ve never had a holiday and I really need one.
Thinking about selling my mole and woodland life collection (TONIGHT) and using the money to go somewhere (TOMORROW)!! Dunno where though!! Somewhere cool no doubt!!
If anyone has any travel recommendations, please will you let me know ASAP,,, What country would you recommend? Here are my criterion:
1. Hot! Wanna get my arms out!
2. abroad. Full of foreign people who don’t already know me so they can’t judge
3. Cats there (any size that’s either small or big)
I’m already packed so be quick thanks.
I’m just having a sit down and a wait………
Been away for quite a while.
Thank you for your concerned emails, thoughts and bracelets
25-26 Reasons going some way to explain my extreme absence:
1. Massive face rash
2. Downloaded spotify (thank you internet!) and been listening to the Police on repeat
3. Learned the dance to whip my hair by willow smith
4. Accident during 3.
5. Had to buy replacement china
6. Got my new hair braids unbraided
7. Physical illness
8. Mental illness
9. Confused bus journeys taking me all around the country. Anyone notice that bus numbers are so confusing? 281, 33, 347, 65, 391, you get it…
10. Lethargy, laziness and bruised knuckles
11. Forgot sorry
12. Made loads of videos with too explicit content
13. Strange stuff!
14. Made a new real friend
16. Lost a new real friend
17. Found a cat
18. Found the cat’s owner
19. Made up a new recipe for a dish which is a non-alcoholic breakfast/lunch/dinner IN ONE
20. Chilled out
21. Written a new book
22. Created a new literary genre
23. Coloured in a new front cover
24. Learnt 4 new accents to use in public
25. Washed myself, my flat and myself again
Feel so shy about writing again Like a lady on a first date, with a massive man. I’m going to do a new video post soon once my face calms down. I’ve been wearing four layers of make-up and a cool balaclava. Nearly got arrested in the protests by a policeman last week! I had a truncheon handy though, so I got away. Beat them at their game! And anyway, I’d only popped out to by a pint of milk from a Westminster milk vendor. I wasn’t even protesting! I don’t read the news, though I do disagree with the proposed top up fees. Pay as you go is always a better deal in the end. My mum (Karen) and I speak every night and we never use up all our minutes. I think it’s cos we use skype. Usually I have nearly 1000 minutes remaining every month. One day I’m going to use up all my roll over minutes on a special new friend. Contact me if you would like this to be you
Life’s ok I guess
But sometimes it can be REALLY good! Like if you find something on the street that you weren’t even looking for! Or if you hold your breath for ages and feel the tingles everywhere
I’ve been thinking about happiness a bit lately. And so I’m going to do one of my lists about it… (read this list.)
Now everyone’s different (and everyone says I’m really different :) Maybe the differentist!), but this list is factual, and I’ve read over it twice, so don’t worry about it not being True or Real.
Ok Pattie’s List for true happiness, starting from now…
- Don’t have arguments. If someone’s being cr*p (crap), just cut them out of your lift FOR GOOD. However small the offense, you won’t regret the space and increase in free time (or CAT TIME). if you’re still angry, make a doll of them and get cracking with pins!
- Don’t let yourself get too cold before you stick your sweater on, or close the front door. Pretty cold is fun, really cold is not.
- Don’t go out without looking in the mirror first (specially when you’ve been up to stuff at home)
- Don’t tread on something fragile, just to hear the noise when it cracks. It may break
- Don’t do the weirdest stuff out loud!!!
- Do do cool stuff
- Do try and be fun (“WOAH HERE WE GO!!”)
- Do say something catchy and good every time you walk into a room with other people in it
- Do make that switch from VHS to DVD (probably worth it, trust me)
- Do find something (anything) you can cuddle, if you need to. Some will!
That’s all. Only 10 things! I thought: at least a dozen, Pattie (when I was about to start). If you have anymore leave a comment about it
What are your tips for happiness? I’ve done the classic 10, but there may be a couple I’ve missed out on…
Bit worried about the local dogs getting in my way when I start walking the cat.
You don’t need to walk a cat. I’m very aware of this. But it can’t hurt. So why not? My grampie walked his cat daily (and he smoked like a chimney!), and he lived till he was nearly 80 (though admittedly, far closer to 70). So I’m going to do it!
Slow and steady pattie
1. take things real slow (“nice and easy”)
2. be careful/good
3. knit a new lead (a cat lead)
4. try and do it late at night when the dogs are all sleeping.
Also, because Maria’s not truly my cat (less said about this the better ) night walks means it’s far less likely that her huge owner will find out! Plus I think it might be a bit more special for us?
Feeling real good about this plan
probably do another plan later, for something else!